5.02.2010

DIY - Chalkboard Table

Make your own chalkboard table!

Here's what you will need:
  • Table, like the one I got from Ikea for $7.99 or this one from Walmart ($17.98). As long as it has a smooth surface you're good to go, if it does not have a smooth surface (i.e. textured or peeling paint) you must first sand it to a smooth finish before beginning.
  • Valspar Chalkboard paint- I got mine from Lowe's, to my knowledge they only carry this brand and only in the 1 pint size (which is way more than enough for this project)
  • Polyester paint brush
  • 48 hours
Let's begin...
  1. First, sand your table if it has a rough surface. If you have a table with an unfinished wood surface, it must first be sealed before applying the chalkboard paint.
  2. Apply your first coat of Chalkboard paint, take care to create a nice even coat.
  3. Wait 24 hours.
  4. After 24 hours, apply another even coat of paint.
  5. Wait 24 hours.
  6. Your table is now finished and ready to draw on. I use regular sidewalk chalk for my daughter, but any chalk will work just fine. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

hello!
thanks for stopping by, your comments are important to me.

:)