4.08.2010

A Fool for Fool's Gold




My love for Fool's Gold began many years ago when I was about 7 years old. My mother, sister, and I had just moved to South Carolina from Germany. We met my father who had flown ahead to find work and a home for us. By the time we arrived he began working for a gold mine, and consequently came across lots of pyrite. He brought some home, gave it to me and told me it was Fools Gold. It took a little while for me to understand that it was not real, but I loved it just the same.

My love for it re-awakened in the 7th grade when I had to do a science projects on minerals. I chose Pyrite and started a little collection by purchasing some from our local museum.

Now, as an adult I find myself falling in love with Fool's Gold all over again. This lovely metallic mineral inspires lots of exciting jewelry ideas and I can't wait to get my hands on some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello!
thanks for stopping by, your comments are important to me.

:)