5.07.2010

Military Spouse Appreciation Day

Today is Military Spouse Appreciation Day! So if you know one, give her (or him) a hug and thank them for the sacrifices they make in support of their service member. It is not an easy job being married to someone in the military, you often have give up so much. From moving often (we have never lived in one place/house for more than a year) to putting our own careers on hold, to raising children alone while our loved one goes off to war. I have been through 3 combat deployments with my husband, and it's one of the hardest things I ever had to do.

The day I became his wife.
When we got married, I was 18 and in my senior year of high school. We did not have a big fancy wedding...no engagement party, no reception. We simply eloped with only his best friend and a judge in attendance. May not sound very romantic to most people, but for us it was. Romantic and exciting. I would not have changed a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello!
thanks for stopping by, your comments are important to me.

:)